When the Tokar Estate label was launched, Rita and Leon Tokar served wine and food to customers in their home. Their hospitality continues today in our picturesque restaurant and cellar door. The Mediterranean inspired building was designed to both take in and enhance its incredible surroundings. It is the ideal location to soak up the beauty of the Yarra Valley, with sweeping views over the gardens and vineyards to the mountain ranges.
RESTAURANT & CELLAR DOOR
Wine and food can be enjoyed in a variety of ways – à la carte, set menu or more casual cheese plate. Our menu changes regularly and reflects the surrounding region with modern Australian cuisine with elements from Eastern Europe. Our aim is to provide you with an enjoyable meal and experience, the food is hearty & honest and we make you feel at home. Our ethos is about minimising waste with a Nose to Tail approach for all our menus. Come and drink in the views while you dine in our newly renovated restaurant or on the deck.
Opening Hours For 2021
Open Thursday to Sunday.
Lunch from 11:45am Thursday to Sunday.
Evening – Functions are available by prior arrangement for any night of the week subject to minimum numbers. Please contact email@example.com for packages.
We are currently offering a set 2 or 3-course menu on Weekends and Weekdays- click here to view the current menu.
Menu Created by our Head Chef – Zoe Roy
The menu will be a set priced Two or Three-Course menu plus sides for $75 per person
- Please note in line with government regulations all patrons must show proof of double vaccination status on check-in.
- Credit cards will be taken for all weekend bookings and special events.
- Credit card details are required for all bookings over 10 guests
- For larger group bookings a deposit may be required
- Cancelations within 24 hours or no show bookings will incur a cancelation fee of $75 per person
- Final numbers are to be confirmed 72 hours in advance. After this point you will be charged as per the booked number of guests regardless of any booking reductions.
- Tokar Estate reserves the right to cancel any reservation that arrives more than 30 minutes late
- All dietary requirements can be catered for however we require at least one week notice. After this point we cannot guarantee we will be able to accomodate requests.
The Tokar family can still be found welcoming new and old friends to the cellar door. Let us, and our knowledgeable staff, guide you through the distinctive and award-winning wines grown, made and bottled at Tokar Estate. Visit our stunning new Cellar Door and be amazed by not only the wines but the view and the wonder renovation of our old family barn.
Currently on tasting
2019 Yarra Valley Rosé
2018 Yarra Valley Chardonnay
2019 Yarra Valley Pinot Noir
2018 Yarra Valley Tempranillo
2017 Tokar Estate Shiraz – Winner of The Trevor Mast Trophy
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon
2012 ‘La Tentadora’ Fortified Tempranillo
2015 ‘The ARIA’ Reserve Tempranillo
Our Cellar Door is open Thursday to Sunday from 10:30am to 4:30pm But will be Open by Appointment for Tastings on Mondays
Become a part of the family. Join the Tokar Estate Wine Club to receive great wine, offers and specials. Members will receive exclusive access to limited release wines and Tokar Estate Wine Club events – as well as offers at the cellar door, restaurant and online.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WINE CLUB, WILL BE RELAUNCHED IN EARLY 2021.